Recipe by gardenz
I love green chiles and this hits the spot! I just toss together a tomato and cucumber salad with this and I have dinner!
Top Review by eesmith5118
I loved this pie! I made it as directed, except I didn't have any ground cumin; only cumin seed. I crushed that as best I could and used about a half teaspoon of it (I find cumin to be overpowering in large amounts). This was wonderful. My whole family loved it, and what left-overs there were were soon gone. I did not prebake the crust but didn't have any problem with a soggy crust. I think all of the cheese in the recipe guards against that! Again, this one's a winner1
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 3⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can green chili, chopped and drained
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-bake the pie crust about 10 minutes at 375 degrees F and let it cool for a few minutes Spread 1 cup jack cheese and 1 cup cheddar on the bottom of pie crust.
- mix the eggs, half and half, chiles,and cumin and pour into pie crust.
- Salt and pepper to your taste and add the remaining 3/4 cup of jack cheese to the top Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes.