Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom's delicious, moist cornbread w/ a bit of a kick. Great w/ soup or southwestern meals
- 1 cube butter or 1 margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add chilies. recipe calls for a 4 oz can, but we usually halve the amount.
- Mix in creamed corn, cheese, salt, flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- Put in a 8" square greased pan.
- bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- cut into squares and serve.