Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from the Colorado Cache cookbook. It is really good! Prep time is approximate.
- 2 lbs lean pork, diced
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (7 ounce) canschopped mild green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 12 white flour tortillas
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Simmer pork in broth until tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Add chiles and canned tomatoes.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Spread each tortilla with refried beans.
- Using a slotted spoon, put some pork mixture on each tortilla, reserving liquid to serve as sauce.
- Roll each tortilla and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Thicken sauce with a little flour and spoon over burritos.
- Serve topped with grated cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.