Recipe by Kaccy G.
This recipe captures the distinct flavor of Mexico in a delicious appetizer. The golden brown pastry brims with the mild, fire-roasted flavor of diced green chiles and the smooth texture of cream cheese.
Top Review by Junebug
The flavor of these were delicious! I had a little trouble in my assembly, but I have talked to the Chef and she said to make certain that your dough is cold and to pinch the ends together after slicing them, but before rolling them in the crumbs. I will try that next time I make them. I am also going to refrigerate them before slicing them as mine were squashed so they weren't much to look at! I used an 8 ounce block of cream cheese and 1 can of green chilies. I loved the taste, so I will try this again. A big 5 stars for this kcdelong!
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened,cut in half
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- garnish with salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- SEPARATE dough into four 3 x 6-inch rectangles on cutting board; press seams closed.
- Spread half block cream cheese onto each rectangle; top each rectangle with half can chiles.
- Fold rectangles in half lengthwise; cut each into eight pieces.
- COMBINE milk and egg in small bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning mix in shallow dish.
- Dip each bite into milk mixture; roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa.