Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Taco meat layered on crispy corn tortillas with green chile bean sauce and cheese
Top Review by sbera007
This was awesome! I used two 4 oz cans of whole green chillis(plus some pickled jalepenos for spice in the bean mixture), a 15 oz. can of beans, and tostada shells instead of frying the corn tortillas. This fit perfectly in a 9 in pie plate. This was super easy and delicious. I will make this again for sure. Made for My-3-chefs 2009.
- 4 whole green chilies, with seeds (I used fresh and broiled and removed the skins)
- 1 (8 ounce) can white kidney beans (pinto beans, pink beans, canelli beans)
- 1 -2 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk, for thinning (cream, half and half)
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 10 corn tortillas (or more depending on dish and amount of layers)
- oil for lightly frying tortilla
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional- I just like it on all my meat lol)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Green Chile Bean Sauce.
- Place the chilies in a blender and add the can of beans.
- Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of milk and blend on high.
- The sauce should be creamy but still a little thick. Add more milk if needed for thinning.
- For the Tostadas:.
- Light fry up the tortillas in a little bit of oil until they are sightly crunchy.
- Brown the turkey meat according to taco seasoning directions; add Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes then mix in the cheddar cheese (add onion, cilantro, green onions, corn anything you like to the mix).
- Take your casserole dish and pour some of the sauce just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place the corn tortillas on top to cover all edges like you would lasagna (cut some in half if you need to fill the corners).
- Layer some meat to cover up the corn tortillas.
- Sprinkle some Monterey jack cheese on top.
- Add another layer of tortillas.
- Then add another coating of Green Bean Chile sauce.
- Add the remaining cheese and dot the rest of the meat on top.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes til bubbly.
- Allow to cool
- Cut and serve with your favorite toppings (sour cream, guacamole, salsa, salad, etc.).