This burger is hands down, my all time favorite. My fiance said that he had something similar in a restaurant in Albuquerque, NM. So, this is his attempt at a re-creation. I don't think that it could be any better though! *note* These are so good that 1 is never enough. We usually cook and eat 2, wait a few hours and do it again. :) Also, Green Chiles are not hot at all. So, Don't worry about heat. These are mild enough for kids. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chile Peppers: Open and drain both cans of Chiles. Remove them from cans and slice down the side of each pepper length wise. Remove any seeds or insides. I do this under running water. After all of the peppers are split and seeded, lay all of them flat on a cookie sheet or plate covered in paper towels. Pat the tops of the peppers with paper towels as well until dry. You may have too many peppers but, the cans can be iffy. Better to have too many than too few.
- 2Bacon: Cut one piece of bacon in half for each burger. making 2 burger sized strips for each patty. Fry to desired crispness and drain on paper towels.
- 3Burgers: Place patties in a frying pan on Medium heat.
- 4Lightly oil the pan if using turkey patties.
- 5Coat only the top of the patties LIBERALLY with the chili powder.
- 6Sprinkle with a dash of Lawry's.
- 7Sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder. (Don't use garlic salt. It will be too salty with the Lawry's.).
- 8Cook on both sides until done and turn heat to lowest setting.
- 9Seasoned side up, put on 2 half pieces of bacon on each patty.
- 10Put one green chile on each patty.
- 11Put both cheeses on each patty and cover to melt the cheese.
- 12Once cheese has melted, Put a little mayo on your buns, and your patties. Sit down, and dig in! :).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Bacon Burger
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 533.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: