Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This burger is hands down, my all time favorite. My fiance said that he had something similar in a restaurant in Albuquerque, NM. So, this is his attempt at a re-creation. I don't think that it could be any better though! *note* These are so good that 1 is never enough. We usually cook and eat 2, wait a few hours and do it again. :) Also, Green Chiles are not hot at all. So, Don't worry about heat. These are mild enough for kids. Hope you enjoy.
- Chile Peppers: Open and drain both cans of Chiles. Remove them from cans and slice down the side of each pepper length wise. Remove any seeds or insides. I do this under running water. After all of the peppers are split and seeded, lay all of them flat on a cookie sheet or plate covered in paper towels. Pat the tops of the peppers with paper towels as well until dry. You may have too many peppers but, the cans can be iffy. Better to have too many than too few.
- Bacon: Cut one piece of bacon in half for each burger. making 2 burger sized strips for each patty. Fry to desired crispness and drain on paper towels.
- Burgers: Place patties in a frying pan on Medium heat.
- Lightly oil the pan if using turkey patties.
- Coat only the top of the patties LIBERALLY with the chili powder.
- Sprinkle with a dash of Lawry's.
- Sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder. (Don't use garlic salt. It will be too salty with the Lawry's.).
- Cook on both sides until done and turn heat to lowest setting.
- Seasoned side up, put on 2 half pieces of bacon on each patty.
- Put one green chile on each patty.
- Put both cheeses on each patty and cover to melt the cheese.
- Once cheese has melted, Put a little mayo on your buns, and your patties. Sit down, and dig in! :).
It's become our fave burger too!!!