Recipe by Please Delete
Great by itself or over enchiladas.
Top Review by choco chip
This recipe was really awesome! I like my pork chile with potatoes so I added three potatoes instead of the beans. I also used a 2.5 pound Boston Butt and omitted the bell pepper. Next time I think I'll try adding some jalapenos for extra heat and maybe some tomatillos just cause I like them.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, center cut, divided
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 (15 ounce) cansof fajita style beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine flour, 3 tsp cumin, 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne and black pepper. Toss pork with flour, set aside.
- In Dutch oven or large sauce pan heat oil over medium heat, saute onions and red bell peppers until softened(about 5 minutes).
- Add pork and brown.
- Add broth, green chiles. remaining cumin, salt and cayenne; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add fajita beans last 10 minutes of cooking.