Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking for a way to use the green chilies from our small garden, I came up with this take on the traditional layered bean dip.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies or 4 fresh chili peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili powder and cumin. Beat till combined, set aside. Combine drained corn and green chilies. In 8 x 8" pan, spread refried beans evenly over the bottom. Layer cream cheese mixture over beans then top with the corn and chilies, onion and cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate till serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.
This made a yummy snack which I ate for lunch. I like all the flavors, just not too sure about using so much mayo. Perhaps I could sub in plain yogurt? Anyway, I enjoyed the dish very well.