Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a fabulous recipe that I changed to make a little healthier. I'm excited to see how y'all change it to your liking.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 deboned rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (Healthy-Low Sodium)
- 1 (8 ounce) containergreek style plain yogurt or 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Microwave chicken until cooked through and shred.
- Combine green chile enchilada sauce, diced green chiles, soup, yogurt, coriander, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste for gravy.
- Roast tortillas over open flame to prevent tortillas from going to mush.
- Layer gravy, tortilla, chicken and cheese. Finish with tortillas, gravy and cheese on top.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes covered with foil. Uncover for the last 10 minute.
- Enjoy and feel free to change to your liking!
MMMmmmm good! I made a couple adjustments, used cumin instead of coriander, a few extra tortillas and cheddar cheese mixed with the jack cheese. Thanks! :)
This was yummy! I made it a couple of weeks ago, and have been thinking about it ever since, so am making again tonight. Very easy - I made a few changes - used fewer tortillas, because I didn't need 12, and used pepper jack cheese and diced jalpenos because I like spicy! I also completely forgot the sour cream until after I had cooked it, so put it on individual servings - worked out fine. Thanks for posting.