Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This real green chile is great to eat alone or serve over burritos, tamales, enchiladas, even eggs...you name it. Enjoy!
- 2 -3 lbs diced pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 -12 green chilies, chopped (preferable Pueblo Chilies or Anaheims) or 4 cans hot green chilies or 4 cans mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 over ripe tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- Brown pork in frying pan with little oil.
- Mix meat and flour.
- Stir until well coated.
- Next add onion, fresh garlic, green chile, and tomatoes into pan.
- Mix together.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Let simmer on medium low heat about 30-45 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before finished, add garlic salt and oregano.
This is the only green chile we eat and I make it at least once a month. I use canned diced tomatoes with chipotle chiles, a dozen Anaheim chiles, and I loose count of how many gloves of garlic. It is amazing fresh and even better out of the freezer! Thank you!
My family of five adores this recipe and and anticipates it all day long when I announce what we're having for dinner. I love that the ingredient list is short and also the number of steps. I use half hot green chiles and half mild. It's just the right amount of spice for our family. Thank you so much for this AMAZING recipe.
Excellent!!!! I have looked for the perfect recipe and this is it. I added a tsp. of cumin and one jalepeno pepper chopped. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!