Recipe by gojenni714
This real green chile is great to eat alone or serve over burritos, tamales, enchiladas, even eggs...you name it. Enjoy!
Top Review by Dad@Home
This is the only green chile we eat and I make it at least once a month. I use canned diced tomatoes with chipotle chiles, a dozen Anaheim chiles, and I loose count of how many gloves of garlic. It is amazing fresh and even better out of the freezer! Thank you!
- 2 -3 lbs diced pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 -12 green chilies, chopped (preferable Pueblo Chilies or Anaheims) or 4 cans hot green chilies or 4 cans mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 over ripe tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 5 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork in frying pan with little oil.
- Mix meat and flour.
- Stir until well coated.
- Next add onion, fresh garlic, green chile, and tomatoes into pan.
- Mix together.
- Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Let simmer on medium low heat about 30-45 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before finished, add garlic salt and oregano.