Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken is double marinated, finishing with a coriander marinade hence the green. Really delicious and addictive. From Rebel Cook by Simon Rimmer - NB needs chilling overnight
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 chilies, strength of your choice
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mint
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- make 3 deep cuts into each chicken thigh.
- combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt and rub well into the chicken.
- put into a bowl, cover and chill overnight.
- for 2nd marinade blend the chillies, green onions, mint and coriander (stalks and all) in a food processor until smooth.
- keeping the motor running add lime juice, sugar, pinch of salt and few grinds of black pepper.
- just before cooking rub the marinade into chicken, grill for about 20 mins turning occasionally.