Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
just like the chicken hominy soup with some delicious differences and a more menudo taste
Make and share this Green Chicken Hominy Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) can hominy
- 3 medium white onions, chopped fine
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves, whole
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans green chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons Menudo Spice Mix (or until desired taste)
- boil chicken for about 1 hour in water.
- while its cooking add onions and garlic
- skim off fat.
- add chili and cook 15 minutes
- add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 30 minutes
- serve with toppings.