Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Make and share this Green Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, barely cover tomatillos and chilis with water; simmer until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Puree in blender together with reserved cooking liquid and garlic. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in saucepan; add sauce and stir 5 minutes.
- Add broth and salt to taste; cook 5 minutes more. Soften tortillas in oil.
- Dip tortillas into green sauce, top with evenly divided chicken, sour cream, and a little onion.
- Roll up enchiladas and place in a 9 X 13 glass baking dish,
- pour remaining sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with cheese.
- Preheat oven to 325 to 350 degrees, bake till cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Approximatley 40 minutes.
Loved these enchiladas! Great tasting sauce and excellent filling. Even my picky husband liked them!