Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Green Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 lb tomatillo
- 2 serrano chilies
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, creme fraiche or
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 cup queso fresco
- In a saucepan, barely cover tomatillos and chilis with water; simmer until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Puree in blender together with reserved cooking liquid and garlic. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in saucepan; add sauce and stir 5 minutes.
- Add broth and salt to taste; cook 5 minutes more. Soften tortillas in oil.
- Dip tortillas into green sauce, top with evenly divided chicken, sour cream, and a little onion.
- Roll up enchiladas and place in a 9 X 13 glass baking dish,
- pour remaining sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with cheese.
- Preheat oven to 325 to 350 degrees, bake till cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Approximatley 40 minutes.
Loved these enchiladas! Great tasting sauce and excellent filling. Even my picky husband liked them!