Recipe by Pinay0618
I love the addition of zucchini in this recipe. The only heat in this dish comes from the salsa verde, so if your salsa is mild, you can add green chiles or diced jalapenos to adjust to your taste. Recipe is from Good Housekeeping.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch spears
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen and thawed
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, reduced-fat
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, packed fresh and chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup queso Anejo cheese or 1 cup Cotija cheese or 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high. Season chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add to skillet in single layer and sear 2 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until just browned. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add onion and water to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring and scraping pan. Add to chicken in bowl.
- To skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. When hot, add zucchini, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Cook 4 minutes or until browned and just tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to bowl with chicken. To skillet, add corn and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to bowl with chicken. Stir in salsa, sour cream, and half of cilantro until well mixed.
- In prepared dish, arrange 4 tortillas in single layer. Spread evenly with one-third of chicken mixture and then one-third of cheese. Repeat layering twice.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot. Garnish with remaining cilantro.