Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really good recipe for the king of all Thai curries - The Green Curry.
Make and share this Green Chicken Curry (Gaeng Kiew Wan Gai) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (we use the Maesri brand)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar, grated
- 1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 5 Thai eggplants, quartered
- 25 -30 Thai basil
- 2 bird chiles, finely chopped
- Heat the coconut milk in a small sauce pan (do not bring to a boil) and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add the finely chopped garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add the curry paste and the chillies and fry for a few more seconds (for a milder version, omit the chillies).
- Add the warmed coconut milk in and stir on a medium flame until the coconut milk starts to thicken.
- Add the fish sauce and the palm sugar.
- Add the thin cuts of chicken breast and stir on a medium flame until the meat turns white.
- Add the stock and cook on a low flame for about 4 minutes.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves, basil leaves and the quartered green eggplant and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice.