Recipe by Linky
This is another version of white chili adapted from Women's Day magazine. Cooking time depends on if you cook on high or low. Corn can be canned or frozen - you can use the whole can by the way! Different kinds peppers can be substituted as well. Enjoy!
Top Review by loof
Delicious! I used chicken breasts and white corn. I cooked in the crock pot for 9 hours and had a wonderful hearty meal ready at the end of the day. Served over cornbread and didn't add any of the garnishes. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup corn, canned, frozen
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 anaheim chilies, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- lime wedge, sour cream, shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except cilantro in a 3 1/2 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 8-9 hours.
- Stir in cilantro, serve with lime and sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Variation: Don't have enough salsa verde? Use less, but add about 1 cup of chicken broth (or cup of water and bouillon cube) Also, I used mild Hatch chiles and mild salsa - use whatever heat you can stand!
- Another thought - make on the stove if no time for crockpot. Bring to boil, simmer covered for about 45 minutes.