Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is another version of white chili adapted from Women's Day magazine. Cooking time depends on if you cook on high or low. Corn can be canned or frozen - you can use the whole can by the way! Different kinds peppers can be substituted as well. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup corn, canned, frozen
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 anaheim chilies, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- lime wedge, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Mix all ingredients except cilantro in a 3 1/2 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 8-9 hours.
- Stir in cilantro, serve with lime and sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Variation: Don't have enough salsa verde? Use less, but add about 1 cup of chicken broth (or cup of water and bouillon cube) Also, I used mild Hatch chiles and mild salsa - use whatever heat you can stand!
- Another thought - make on the stove if no time for crockpot. Bring to boil, simmer covered for about 45 minutes.
Delicious! I used chicken breasts and white corn. I cooked in the crock pot for 9 hours and had a wonderful hearty meal ready at the end of the day. Served over cornbread and didn't add any of the garnishes. Thanks for sharing your recipe!