Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ok, so it may not sound appitizing...but it tastes so good! I found this flipping through church cookbooks at my in-laws house. I thought it sounded interesting enough to try. I've made a few changes to the original recipe. Hope you like it. *Prep time does not include thawing chicken breasts.
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 thawed & cut into bite-size pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 -3 cups Mexican blend cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- Mix chicken & fajita seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked.
- In a 9X13 pan place 2 tortillas, they will overlap & go up the side of the pan.
- Spread 1/3 of the soup on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of each of the following, green chilies, chicken & green peppers.
- Sprinkle 1/2 - 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Continue layering ingredients to make 3 complete layers of everything.
- Top with the extra cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Note - Since this is a layered dish, you can get away with "sprinkling" the ingredients around the pan. You will get plenty of all of the ingredients in every bite.
I really enjoyed this dish. I ended doing only 2 layers because I felt that the soup base was not enough for the 3 layers. After I made it, I felt the 3 layers would have been fine. Thanks for a great and easy recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2008.