My husband was very pleased when I presented him with this soup! He found it full of flavor & just the right consistency. He’s a soup man from way back – his favorite food so obviously he was my taste tester! Lunch time went over with a bang!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup spinach, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup asparagus, cooked and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (small)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup milk, homogenized
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup havarti cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix all liquid ingredients together except the lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2Drop the chopped cooked spinach and asparagus into a blender along with 1 ½ cups of liquid. Puree.
- 3In a medium large saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour ‘til smooth.
- 4SLOWLY add the remaining liquid mixture and the puree to the sauce pot, stirring constantly.
- 5Add the lemon juice.
- 6Salt & pepper to taste.
- 7Add all of the cheese and stir. The cheese will quickly melt.
- 8Cook over a low heat about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Add a light swirl of warmed cream to each serving and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- 10Serve it up hot with chunks of hot crusty bread!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 164.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: