Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love these, it's embarassing to say...suppose to feed 4 but DH and I can easily polish off this recipe!!
- 3⁄4 lb tomatillo, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos (we use 2 jalapenos)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions
- 3⁄4 cup canned mild green chili (I use 2 7oz cans)
- 12 large spinach leaves
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- i added cilantro (to garnish)
- Bring first 4 ingredients to boil in large skillet.
- Reduce heat to med low, cover and simmer until tomatillos are soft about 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to food processor -- I used my immersion blender -- much easier!
- Add 2 cups onions, green chilies and spinach; puree.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper, return sauce to skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Dip 1 tortilla into sauce.
- Top with cheese and green onions and 1 tbls sauce, roll up tortilla.
- Place seam side down in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
- Bake until cheese melts about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.