Made with the cross between broccoli and cauliflower. This adds a nice color to the soup and a richer flavor than white cauliflower. Made with fresh ingredients (except for the organic chicken broth).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 quart organic chicken broth (Please do not use chicken cubes or the like.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk (I use goat milk) or 1 cup cream (I use goat milk)
- 1 green onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Asiago and Parmesan are also good)
- salt and pepper
- 1Make roux by combining butter and flour in lg. saucepan. Whisk to combine and cook briefly. Add either more butter or more flour to adjust thickness.
- 2Add chopped onion and garlic, cook briefly but do not let roux brown.
- 3Add chicken broth, stir and simmer until it thickens.
- 4Add cauliflower and cook until tender.
- 5Add milk and green onion.
- 6Add cheese and salt and pepper.
- 7Cook until cheese melts.
- 8These are only guesses at measurements as I just add the amount of each ingredient I think it needs. You may prefer the soup thinner. Use less roux and milk.
- 9Freshly made soup is so easy to make, and you can adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Why eat a canned or powdered soup?
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 712.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g