Yummy and low in added oil, you and your guests will love this spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can medium black olives, pitted
- 1 (7 ounce) jar green olives
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 anchovy, cut up
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Empty the black olives into a strainer to drain completely, then put into food processor.
- 2Repeat above step with pimiento stuffed green olives, then the capers (be sure to rinse the capers while they are in the strainer, or they will add too much salt).
- 3Put the lemon juice into a small bowl and press the garlic cloves into the juice.
- 4Add to the processor bowl.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients to the processor bowl: anchovy paste (or chopped anchovy), parmesan, oregano, basil,& fresh ground pepper.
- 6Cover& pulse until coarsely chopped.
- 7While processing at low speed, add the tablespoon of olive oil, use more if you wish, but I have found the one tablespoon sufficient, and it cuts down on the fat of the spread.
- 8A delicious addition to this recipe is 6-8 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- 9Pat excess oil off with a paper towel& add with the olives.
- 10Serve with toast, crackers, foccacia, or even use to cook with.
- 11It is wonderful with Havarti cheese, too!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green & Black Olive Tapenade (Low-oil)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 847.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g