Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different way to serve Green Beans during the Holidays!
- 2 (16 ounce) cansblue lake green beans (can use fresh green beans)
- 10 slices bacon
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, drain and crumble reserving drippings in skillet.
- Stir sugar and vinegar into drippings and heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In a 1 ½ quart casserole, layer half of the beans, half of the bacon and half of the almonds.
- Repeat layering.
- Pour dripping mixture over all and bake 45 minutes or until heated through.