1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Zucchini and Bacon
mums the word's Note:
A recipe from a Mennonite cookbook "Cooking from Quilt Country" that sounds really tasty. I wanted to save this before I have to return the book to the library. (I have adjusted the amount of oil called for in the recipe, from 3 tbsp to 1-2 tbsp, based upon reviews.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and snap green beans, then steam 3-4 minutes - should still be a bit firm.
- 2Drain and set aside in covered bowl.
- 3In large skillet, saute bacon until crisp, remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4To the skillet, add enough oil to make about 1-2 tbsp of fat in the pan and saute onion, zucchini and the savoury or thyme.
- 5Cook over medium-high heat until crisp-tender (4 min) and stir in beans, bacon, salt and pepper and heat through.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Zucchini and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 55.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g