Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is commonly served at room temperature.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and salt and pepper and cook until the onion starts to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans and half the dill and 1 cup of water.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover and cook till tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and raise heat so excess liquid evaporates.
- Add lemon juice, stir.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Garnish with the reaining dill.
ok i used canned green beans poured beans in pot with sauted onion and dill cooked down like recipe says just skipped steps 3 and 4 these were good zaar tour 6
I made this for ZWT 6's Tour of Greece and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a nice tang and went well with "Recipe #428609". Thanks for posting!
Very tasty dish. I'm not sure if mine turned out exactly right. It seemed that the yogurt clumped up. We ate it anyhow and throughly enjoyed it. Will try again and will wait a litte longer before adding the yogurt. Made for ZWT4.