Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from one of our favourite cookbook authors - Joie Warner.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed on one side
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- Steam green beans until crisp-tender and still bright green.
- Remove the green beans & place under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Stir in the whole grain mustard.
- Add the green beans & toss until evenly coated.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
YUM!Thanks Sandra B,what a great change from plain green beans. The trick is to keep your beans tender-crisp and bright green as the recipe suggests. We loved them!
So simple yet it gives a wonderful flavor lift to the beans. I cut the butter back to 1 tsp.I like the appearance of the grainy mustard on the beans. This can be a do ahead recipe - steam the beans until just crisp, set aside and just before dinner heat the butter with the mustard, add beans and heat through and serve.