Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple side dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon.
Make and share this Green Beans With White Wine and Garlic Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.
- Plunge them into cold water and drain again.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the green beans.
- Toss and serve.
- 6 1/2-cup servings.
- Exchanges: Vegetable Exchange -- 1 Calories -- 38 Calories from Fat -- 15 Total Fat -- 2g Saturated Fat -- 0g Cholesterol -- 0mg Sodium -- 3mg Carbohydrate -- 6g Dietary Fiber -- 2g Sugars -- 2g Protein -- 1g.
I cut the recipe in half as I am not a "sauce" fan. Yes, it is on the tart side, but we did enjoy it. We love green beans, so I will be doing this one again!
This was just a little tart for our taste. The vinegar overpowered the other flavors. I did cook mine for about 6 minutes for a crisp tender texture. May cut way back on the vinegar next time. Thanks
delicious, simple and healthy. didnt have shallots so used vidalia onion. very nice as a side dish or add some shrimp and it could be a meal. thanks for sharing.