Recipe by Normaone
This side dish recipe makes ordinary green beans company fare. Plus, they're easy. We like them warm or even room temperature. I found this years ago in Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- While the beans are boiling, cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add shallot to skillet and saute 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir vinegar into shallot mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over green beans and toss until coated.
- Crumble bacon over.