Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found in the November 2008 Woman's Day magazine and thought that DBF Steve would like it as he loves green beans with vinegar. I was right! He loves it and has requested it again and again so I'm posting it here for safe keeping. Note: I am listing the recipe as it was in the magazine, but when I make it I have used a 2 pound package of frozen green beans and cook them in those new Ziploc steamer bags (from frozen) for about 5-6 minutes. I also chop the bacon before frying it.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large pot, bring green beans and enought water to cover to a boil.
- Cook 6 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel,.
- Remove all but 2 TBS bacon fat from skillet.
- Add shallots and saute` 1-2 minutes untils slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Add green beans and salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Crumble bacon on top.
- Serve immediately.