Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the cookbook Cook Now Serve Later by Reader's Digest, this is yummy and looks good too!
Make and share this Green Beans With Walnut Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed (or combination of green and yellow beans)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill, snipped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar (may use part balsamic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced (or radish roses)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped (or or and dill)
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans, reduce the heat to moderate, cover, and cook until crisp tender-about 5 minutes. Drain the bean in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well and place in a serving bowl.
- Blend the walnuts, green onions, parsley, dill, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Spoon over the beans and toss well. Refrigerate, tightly covered, for about 1 hour. This will keep up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with the radishes and parsley, if desired. Serve as a side dish or a light luncheon dish with cheese and a crusty bread. Enjoy!
This is such an easy, delicious side, especially in the summertime. I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out perfectly - definitely will use this one again. Thanks!
Great green bean salad, I did some amount changes to suit taste, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)