From the cookbook Cook Now Serve Later by Reader's Digest, this is yummy and looks good too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed (or combination of green and yellow beans)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, snipped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (may use part balsamic)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans, reduce the heat to moderate, cover, and cook until crisp tender-about 5 minutes. Drain the bean in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well and place in a serving bowl.
- 2Blend the walnuts, green onions, parsley, dill, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Spoon over the beans and toss well. Refrigerate, tightly covered, for about 1 hour. This will keep up to 24 hours.
- 3Just before serving, garnish with the radishes and parsley, if desired. Serve as a side dish or a light luncheon dish with cheese and a crusty bread. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Walnut Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.4
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g