Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the cookbook Cook Now Serve Later by Reader's Digest, this is yummy and looks good too!
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed (or combination of green and yellow beans)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill, snipped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar (may use part balsamic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced (or radish roses)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped (or or and dill)
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the beans, reduce the heat to moderate, cover, and cook until crisp tender-about 5 minutes. Drain the bean in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain well and place in a serving bowl.
- Blend the walnuts, green onions, parsley, dill, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Spoon over the beans and toss well. Refrigerate, tightly covered, for about 1 hour. This will keep up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with the radishes and parsley, if desired. Serve as a side dish or a light luncheon dish with cheese and a crusty bread. Enjoy!
This is such an easy, delicious side, especially in the summertime. I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out perfectly - definitely will use this one again. Thanks!
Great green bean salad, I did some amount changes to suit taste, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)