Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
pecans or hazelnuts also work well with this quick and easy recipe. you can cook the beans longer, this makes them crunchy.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley
- 1 cup walnuts
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 bouillon cube
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup walnut oil
- in boiling water blanche green beans, remove and put into ice water, drain, set aside put a few springs of parsley and a few walnuts aside for garnish.
- in processor add walnuts, parsley leaves, garlic, salt, pepper and boullion cube and pulse until it's like a paste.
- with machine running add olive oil and emulsify pour over green beans, garnish with walnuts and parsley.
The walnut sauce for the green beans was really a nice parsley/walnut pesto. However,the 10 cloves of garlic was pretty overpowering for our taste, and we usually love garlic. I will try this again with less garlic, 4 should be enough, and I'll bet we will enjoy it even more.
These green beans were really good. I loved the garlicy flavor. I think I'll add a little basil to the sauce next time. Thanks for sharing this recipe Chia!
This recipe is for the true garlic lover. I really enjoyed this different way to serve green beans. I did use the walnuts and think I might try them again with pecans. Thanks