Not your usual green beans, but so great and easy. I had these as a side at a restaurant in Atlanta and have re-created this version.
- In a medium bowl, prepare an ice bath for cooling the beans.
- Cook the beans in salted boiling water, about 6 minutes, until crisp, but tender.
- Drain the beans, then cool in the ice bath.
- Drain and put the beans in a serving dish.
- Add the feta cheese to the cooled beans.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, about 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove form heat and add the tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Toss this mixture.
- Pour over green beans and feta and stir gently to combine.