Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not your usual green beans, but so great and easy. I had these as a side at a restaurant in Atlanta and have re-created this version.
- In a medium bowl, prepare an ice bath for cooling the beans.
- Cook the beans in salted boiling water, about 6 minutes, until crisp, but tender.
- Drain the beans, then cool in the ice bath.
- Drain and put the beans in a serving dish.
- Add the feta cheese to the cooled beans.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, about 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove form heat and add the tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Toss this mixture.
- Pour over green beans and feta and stir gently to combine.
YUM! This was amazing, and I am not a fan of green beans :)) This was so lovely, and so good, I added a bit of greek seasoning but that's it. The feta made it creamy and rich, and oh so yummy! :) Thanks alijen! Made for National Tomato Month Diabetic Forum April 2012
This was delicious!!!! I made this tonight with Braised Balsamic Chicken and some white rice. I did make some modifications. We don't eat olives, so I went with a red bell pepper instead. No cherry tomatoes so I just used some regular ones (2 of them) off the vine. I took about 4 cloves of garlic and sliced it. Forgot the lemon juice (oops) and added about 5 fresh basil leaves that were rolled then sliced. I sauteed the tomatoes, peppers and garlic in bacon drippings from the other recipe. Again, delicious!!! Would definitely make this again!
Ten star green beans. Perfect combination of ingredients. How could they be anything but wonderful w/ all that feta? I used half fat free feta and half regular and the beans were still rich and quite addictive. Personally, I think this makes a great meal all by itself. Thanks, alijen.