Recipe by alijen
Not your usual green beans, but so great and easy. I had these as a side at a restaurant in Atlanta and have re-created this version.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
YUM! This was amazing, and I am not a fan of green beans :)) This was so lovely, and so good, I added a bit of greek seasoning but that's it. The feta made it creamy and rich, and oh so yummy! :) Thanks alijen! Made for National Tomato Month Diabetic Forum April 2012
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, prepare an ice bath for cooling the beans.
- Cook the beans in salted boiling water, about 6 minutes, until crisp, but tender.
- Drain the beans, then cool in the ice bath.
- Drain and put the beans in a serving dish.
- Add the feta cheese to the cooled beans.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, about 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove form heat and add the tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Toss this mixture.
- Pour over green beans and feta and stir gently to combine.