Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe found at Greek-recipe.com, posting for ZWT6. I am thinking that I would add some fresh lemon juice to the beans as well.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 28 ounces fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 20 ounces French style green beans, thawed and drained
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for a minute- be careful not to burn. Add tomatoes, olives and oregano and simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Add green beans and simmer for another 5 minutes. Just before serving sprinkle feta cheese on top. These are delicious hot or cold.
These tasty green beans were made for a get-together. Found it funny that the ones who usually pass on the veggies enjoyed these and the ones who normally enjoy the veggies were only so-so about these nice beans. Made as written, think next time will either use fresh tomato or drain the canned tomatoes as it was a little on the juicy side. Thanks for the post.
I did cut this recipe in half but still used a large clove of garlic, close to the full amount of feta, AND a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, all for a great tasting, dressed up side of green beans! Most definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Greece with ZWT6]