- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and snap of tips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes or 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 5 -6 leaves fresh basil, torn into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan with a cover.
- Add the onion slices and cook until just soft (5-6 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes and cook about 6- 8 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the water and season with Salt& Pepper.
- Stir in the beans and coat them with the sauce.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat for approx.
- 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, and add more water if sauce dries out.
- Serve hot or cold.