Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another way to make fresh green beans. It's easy and flavorful. Works best with fresh or frozen beans. I don't recommend using canned.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- After beans have been prepared, drop them into a pot of boiling water.
- When water resumed boiling, begin timing and boil uncovered 6-10 minutes or until they reach desired crispness. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over low- med. heat, until melted and stir in basil, lemon pepper and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, turning gently, until heated through.
- Simmer tomatoes until they begin to release a little juices and are well coated with butter mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans to coat.
- Salt to taste, if desired, and serve.