Recipe by lazyme
From Bon Appetit, November 2001. This is quick and tasty.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Ah!! You know what I didnt do? Chop the hazelnuts!!!! So apart from that, lol, as recipe :) Lovely beans, enjoyed this new twist on a favourite vegetable. Thank you lazyme, made for International Agents of QUEST , PNW region
- 158.51 ml hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (about 3 oz)
- salt, to taste
- 680.38 g slender green beans, trimmed
- 59.14 ml butter, room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 9.85 ml unseasoned rice vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hazelnuts in small nonstick skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain. (Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Let beans stand in colander.).
- Melt butter in same pot over medium-high heat.
- Add beans and vinegar; toss to coat and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.