Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2001. This is quick and tasty.
Make and share this Green Beans With Toasted Hazelnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Place hazelnuts in small nonstick skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain. (Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Let beans stand in colander.).
- Melt butter in same pot over medium-high heat.
- Add beans and vinegar; toss to coat and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Ah!! You know what I didnt do? Chop the hazelnuts!!!! So apart from that, lol, as recipe :) Lovely beans, enjoyed this new twist on a favourite vegetable. Thank you lazyme, made for International Agents of QUEST , PNW region
These beans are just marvelous! We really enjoyed them and they came out just right, not overcooked and not underdone. We really enjoyed the tanginess from the vinegar and just like Vickie (NorthwestGal) we served this with Pork Chops With Tangy Red Currant Sauce.
This was a delicious (and easy) way to prepare green beans. My husband loves hazelnuts, so it's a recipe I'm sure I'll turn to often. It was really good, and it went well with the pork chops with a tangy red currant sauce that we had for dinner. Thanks, lazyme. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest (PNW).