Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves green beans, and mushrooms, and toasted almonds, so I thought I'd try to combine all three! I've made this for a couple different family get-togethers, and it goes over very well! I don't know measured portions, as I just put as much as I want and season to taste!
- frozen green beans (or you could use fresh)
- fresh mushrooms
- slivered almonds
- garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, approx
- other seasoning, to your liking (sometimes I add Tabasco for a kick)
- Melt 1/2 of the butter on stove, add slivered almonds and continuously stir to toast.
- They are done when their color has changed slightly.
- Remove the almonds.
- Melt the rest of the butter, and saute mushrooms with garlic pepper and other seasonings as you wish.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans (I use frozen, so I cook them in the microwave while I'm sauteing).
- Once the mushrooms are done, turn them down to low until the green beans are done.
- Mix together the green beans, mushrooms, and slivered almonds, reserving a tablespoon or so to sprinkle on the top before serving.
I can't wait to serve this at Thanksgiving instead of the usual green bean casserole. I love the toasted almonds! This is very quick and easy too. I made a small portion with: 1 cup of green beans, 1 large mushroom, 2 TBS. almonds and about 1/8 tsp. of garlic/pepper seasoning. Wonderful! Thank you for the healthly change. Made for PAC 08.