My husband loves green beans, and mushrooms, and toasted almonds, so I thought I'd try to combine all three! I've made this for a couple different family get-togethers, and it goes over very well! I don't know measured portions, as I just put as much as I want and season to taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1/2 of the butter on stove, add slivered almonds and continuously stir to toast.
- 2They are done when their color has changed slightly.
- 3Remove the almonds.
- 4Melt the rest of the butter, and saute mushrooms with garlic pepper and other seasonings as you wish.
- 5Meanwhile, cook green beans (I use frozen, so I cook them in the microwave while I'm sauteing).
- 6Once the mushrooms are done, turn them down to low until the green beans are done.
- 7Mix together the green beans, mushrooms, and slivered almonds, reserving a tablespoon or so to sprinkle on the top before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 163.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g