Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light but full-flavoured dish. This serves 4-6 as a main (vegetarian/vegan course), 8-10 as a side dish.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 8 -9 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut beans 1 inch long.
- Steam until crisp and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat and add mustard seeds.
- When they pop, turn heat low and add garlic and ginger.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Mix well and heat through.
- Serve warm, not hot.
I'm not the most enthusiastic fan of green beans but this is quite a good recipe for even the fussiest eater. Excellent mix of flavours. Couldn't get the toddler to eat these because she insisted on feeding her beans to me LOL.
I was stuck. It is QUITE flavorful, but I am not sure if it is the right flavors? It was good.
Great Green Beans! The tahini was such a wonderful and flavorful addition. For all those that love the flavor of nuts with your green beans you should give this a try. Even the 4 year old ate all his green beans!