Recipe by Viclynn
A nice change from the "standard" green bean casserole recipe. My brother, Stephen, gave this recipe to me several years ago. I wish I lived closer to him so he could make these for me often!!!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced onion (instant)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups French style green beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. Melt 2 tbl butter in saucepan. Add cornflake crumbs, mix – set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbl. butter – stir in flour, salt, pepper, onion and sugar. Add sour cream. Stir until smooth.
- Increase heat and cook until sauce is bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Fold green beans into sauce. Spread in greased 10x6x2 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over top. Sprinkle crumb mixture over cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.