Top Review by Geema
These beans were very good...not super fantastic, but good. I didn't understand the reason for boiling some of the herbs and the garlic with the green beans, so I put all the herbs together with the butter. Then I boiled the beans for about 4 minutes, and added them to the herb butter along with salt and pepper and sunflower seeds. I think I liked the beans better without the seeds.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chervil
- 1 pinch savory
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 lb green beans (washed and ends trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add marjoram, basil, chervil, savory and thyme.
- In a large frying pan, add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, and bring to a boil.
- Add parsley, chives, garlic and beans and cook until beans are just crisp-ender.
- Pour off excess water, add herb butter and sunflower kernals.
- Stir to coat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until well mixed.