I think yellow wax beans or asparagus would work well in this recipe, too. From Company's Coming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (I used whole wheat French sourdough bread)
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley
Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 1Prepare salad dressing by combining all ingredients in blender and processing until smooth. Yield: 1/4 cup salad dressing.
- 2In large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the green beans for 3-5 minutes or until bright green. Drain. Immediately plunge beans into bowl of ice cold water to halt the cooking process and to maintain their color. Let stand 10 minutes then drain well again.
- 3In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the bread crumbs. Cook mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to brown evenly. Cook until bread crumbs are crisp and golden.
- 5Stir in the parsley with the bread crumbs. Remove pan from heat.
- 6Transfer drained green beans to shallow serving platter and drizzle dressing over the beans. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Toss.
- 7Serve either warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g