1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Stewed Tomatoes & Bacon
A flavorful side dish with green beans, sautéed onion, tomatoes and bits of bacon. There is a hint of sweetness due to the sugar that is used to make Stewed Tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into small pieces. Sauté bacon in skillet until crisp; remove bacon and place on paper towels. Leave 1 T. bacon fat in sauté pan.
- 2Chop onion and sauté over low heat in reserved 1 T. bacon fat. Salt the onion (brings out the moisture) and cook about 5-8 minutes until onion is soft and translucent.
- 3Place tomatoes and their juices in a large pot – break up large pieces of tomato. Add drained green beans and sautéed onions. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add crumbled bacon and fresh ground pepper; stir and serve.
- 4Hint – if you don’t have Stewed Tomatoes, you can use Petite Diced Tomatoes, Italian Style, and add 1-2 t. sugar.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Stewed Tomatoes & Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 758.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g