Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An alternative to the green bean casserole, a great way to make fresh green beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- parsley (to garnish)
- Trim the beans and cook in boiling salt water until tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter for five minutes.
- Add the sour cream and salt.
- Put the beans on a serving dish and pour the mushroom/sour cream mixture over them.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.