- 6 tablespoons butter, 3/4 stick
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs green beans, slender, trimmed
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add green beans and toss to coat with butter.
- Pour broth over green bean mixture.
- Cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and green beans are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in shiitake mushrooms.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter and serve.