Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- fresh ground pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add salt and beans.
- Bring to boil and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beans should be tender but crisp, drain.
- Return beans to saucepan and add butter and shallots.
- Cook briefly but do not brown.
- Add tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Saute briefly and serve.
Easy and tasty!
The tarragon is perfect with the green beans. A match made in heaven.
Lovely, quick, good for company. This is incredibly good. I think this will be the only way we'll make green beans from now on. I sauteed the shallots in the butter for a minute or so to soften them up before putting the beans and tarragon in with them. We also used fresh tarragon and I can't imagine that it would have been nearly as good with dried tarragon (which tends to be a little flavorless).