- 2 cups water
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add salt and beans.
- Bring to boil and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beans should be tender but crisp, drain.
- Return beans to saucepan and add butter and shallots.
- Cook briefly but do not brown.
- Add tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Saute briefly and serve.