Recipe by Debster
Found this tasty green bean dish in Victoria magazine. So good with fresh beans and dill from the garden.
Top Review by Kitchenette
Outstanding! Despite the extra step of plunging the beans in cold water, this was quick and easy to make, and the lemony-dill flavor of the beans was delicious. I'll be making this over and over again. I substituted butter for half of the olive oil and green onions for the shallots.
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- ice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the green beans in boiling salted water for 6 to 7 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to set the color.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer to a plastic storage bag& chill.
- (Beans may be prepared 1 day in advance.) In a large skillet set over moderate heat, cook the shallots in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden.
- Add the green beans and salt and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Add the dill, lemon peel, and lemon juice.
- Toss to coat, and transfer to a serving dish.