Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Green Beans Tossed with shallots, butter and fresh parsley. This dish is quick and easy to prepare. This is a great holiday side dish when you are serving a large number of guests. Recipe is from Womens Day.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for 7-9 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in remaining butter, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cook green beans uncovered in a large pot of boiling water 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add shallot butter and parsley and toss to coat.
- Garnish with toasted almonds if desired and serve.
Simple and delicious, tastes very fancy for just a few ingredients
This is a fantastic recipe for green beans. I made these for our Christmas lunch this year and they were enjoyed by all. Followed the recipe exactly and it is definitely one I will be making again. Thanks!
The shallots and butter provide the perfect amount of extra spunk to make the green beans more enjoyable. This was incredibly easy and made the kitchen smell great! I halved the recipe and had no problems.