Recipe by MTpockets
Green Beans Tossed with shallots, butter and fresh parsley. This dish is quick and easy to prepare. This is a great holiday side dish when you are serving a large number of guests. Recipe is from Womens Day.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for 7-9 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in remaining butter, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cook green beans uncovered in a large pot of boiling water 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add shallot butter and parsley and toss to coat.
- Garnish with toasted almonds if desired and serve.