1/1 Photo of Green Beans with Sesame & Garlic
These are green beans with attitude. I think I got the recipe from Vegetarian Times, and it's never missed yet when served alongside a nice piece of fish or tuna steak. I like to cook the beans early in the day so I can throw it together in a snap at mealtime. I also use more garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook beans 4 minutes, transfer to ice water to stop cooking.
- 2Drain and dry.
- 3This can be done up to 8 hours in advance- store in fridge.
- 4Heat peanut oil in wok over high heat.
- 5Add garlic and stir fry until golden, about a minute.
- 6Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- 7Add green beans, salt and sesame seeds to the wok.
- 8Stir fry 3-4 minutes, pressing beans against side of pan so they char in places.
- 9Combine sesame oil and soy sauce.
- 10Add to pan along with the garlic from earlier.
- 11Heat through (less than a minute) and serve.
- 12These are great hot, room temperature, and even cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans with Sesame & Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 672.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g